Monday, July 13, 2015

Manic Monday IV


My list this week may be a bit shorter, not because it was a hard week and I can’t find anything to be thankful for, but because it was a nice quiet week and that is my first item.

A Quiet Week: There was very little going on this week until the weekend, and yet somehow it still managed to fly by in a blur. Even the quiet weeks can’t really be called slow weeks any longer. They all seem to fill themselves up with plenty to do.

Friends’ Pregnancies: Many of my friends all over the country are pregnant right now, several of them in my church or in the immediate area. I couldn’t be happier for all of them as they grow their families, but partly my excitement is selfish. Having no babies of my own yet, I randomly abscond with other people’s and adopt them for an hour or two or as long as the parents will let me. More babies mean more opportunities for me to ‘steal’ one.

Lovely, Lovely Weather: June Gloom returned with a vengeance this month, and I have to admit, it was really starting to get to me. Some people say the weather doesn’t affect mood. I don’t know whether I agree with this or not, but if it’s true than I just have a bad attitude when it’s so cloudy every day, and it’s an area I really need to work on. But when the sun finally comes, I think it feels warmer and shines brighter than it does when I’m just taking it for granted. People, it is not, I repeat, it is NOT always sunny in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment